The successful candidate should be comfortable individually driving cross-team efforts and defining well-considered objectives and metrics to guide decision-making and affect change. Leading by example, the candidate will coach other AWS delivery teams, Partners, and Customers to provide clear vision and technical direction for diverse engineering and business leaders at all levels, leveraging strong verbal and written skills. The ETL will also coach how to partner with c-level to report progress, or push back and co-own escalations while assuming the coaching role across multiple deliverables.
Additionally, an EBA Tech Lead is expected to coach others to understand the systems and people in their space, the limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind strategic decision processes. They can explain how to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a highly collaborative and effective fashion. They can create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes. They anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and identify common roadblocks to help the organization consistently accelerate.
Demonstrate *exceptional* judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills
Ability to work with diverse teams and diverse cultures, globally
Scale and coach the EBAs resources (AWS, Partners, Customers) to:
· Gather knowledge, define projects, and coordinate execution across multiple global partner teams
· Identify and produce appropriate business metrics, and continually assess them to improve over time
· Lead and coach Agile delivery mechanisms in non-traditional areas of focus
· Apply expertise in strategic discussions, keeping all stakeholders productively engaged
· Concisely represent our organization to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
· Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
· Negotiate and coordinate with cross-functional organizations
7+ years of Technical Program Management or Solution Architecture
MS or PHD (Engineering or Computer Science)
2+ years of (virtual) team leadership supporting large migration(s) Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
Excellent presentation skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
Experience in Agile software development organization
Experience with Enterprise systems (Security, Distributed Systems, Cloud, etc)
Working knowledge and proven track record of success with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs.
Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners.
Strong project management and influence skills; ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
Proven analytical capabilities.
Passionate about the customer, whose experience with Amazon depends on us.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12