We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
As a Tech Lead of the Enterprise Data Warehouse at Athene, you will be accountable for designing and leading the development of ETL processes to ingest, stage & transform data to meet business needs. Successful candidates should have a proven track record of delivering high quality data warehousing solutions by leading a team of data analysts and developers.Accountabilities:
- Analyze business requirements and define solutions using data warehouse design best practices.
- Analyze incidents and problems related to ETL processes and implement solutions.
- Assist in the development of internal policies and procedures (standards, controls and metrics).
- Collaborate with Architecture and Technical Services team on solution design and delivery.
- Define and enforce measures and processes to ensure good development practices.
- Design, write code and implement highly performant ETL solutions by leading a team of developers and data analysts.
- Document ETL processes and flows.
- Proactively communicate ideas, solutions and capabilities over and above the specific task request.
- Provide technical advice to IT management or project managers, assisting them with high level planning or issue resolution.
- Provide technical leadership to the entire data platform with a focus on high availability, performance, security, scalability and maintainability.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of development experience using Python and relational databases.
- 6+ years of experience coding SQL with proven experience of optimizing SQL.
- 4+ years of using DevOps tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with designing data warehousing solutions.
- Background in Insurance is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with AWS cloud platform is required including use of Boto3 AWS SDK.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.