$100K — $150K *
The Morgan Stanley Enterprise Systems Management team is developing an Observability platform to provide visibility into Cloud application for Tracing/Metrics/Logging. As part of the cloud adoption journey, it is necessary to provide tools to our development and services organizations to improve uptime and reliability of the applications.
The individual hired into this role will be responsible for designing and integration to collect/transport and visualize various telemetry as part of the overall observability effort. One of the goals is to provide seamless observability platform for hybrid applications.
This position will be focused not only on application telemetry, but also with working closely with security teams to address various cyber security use-cases. We are searching for a motivated engineering specialist with strong communication skills that can interact with their peers within and outside the team to develop reliable and performance-oriented solutions.
- Opportunity to drive modern Observability platform that covers Cloud-native and hybrid applications
- Working with a team of incredibly talented and dedicated peers with hands on experience in cutting-edge cloud and Observability products
- A chance to share best practices and create innovative application monitoring standards and logging solutions to support cloud adoption at the firm
- Working with various streaming Technologies to handle TBs of data each day
- Provide telemetry and logging capabilities to developers and SRE organizations as part of the firms devops efforts
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with python
- Experience instrumenting applications for transaction tracing and metric collection
- Experience turning research ideas into actionable designs.
- Able to persuade stakeholders and champion effective techniques through product development
- Solid understanding of container technologies and container orchestration platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Comfortable with customers with focus on customer interaction and client experience
- Ability to provide mentoring and contribute to local office leadership
- Proficiency with Linux operating system and databases
- Understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage, and so forth
Nice to have:
- Working experience of regular expressions in data extraction from log files
- Understanding and familiarity with log parsing
- Advanced degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Design and monitor tools to measure a particular problem or the contribution of a particular technique over time
- Work closely with a cross functional team to design new features and resolve issues as they arise
- Experience with Azure Devops, Azure Monitor/AppInsights, as well as knowledge of integrating such telemetry with on-prem solutions as a single pane of glass
- Experience in Application Performance Management (APM) space
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Experience analyzing packet captures (wireshark) a plus
- Experience with Extrahop and Appdynamics (or similar products)
- Due to the roles integration within APM team, prior experience in Application Performance Management (APM) is a big plus.
- Database experience with at least one of the following: MySQL, DB2 or MSSQL
- Experience with various authentication methods such as SPNEGO, Siteminder, Kerberos, and LDAP
- Understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth
- Understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high-availability/disaster recovery (active-active data centers, redundant switch stacks, and so forth)
- Understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Understanding and familiarity of network topology, configuration of devices, network routing.
Valid through: 4/26/2021
$80K — $150K
5 days ago