This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the Digital Experiences group within Accenture Technology Labs in San Francisco – The group focuses on how emerging technologies that change way people and machines work together, such as virtual and augmented reality, social media, crowdsourcing platforms, additive manufacturing, Internet of Things, and human/robotic teaming, can allow individuals and organizations to reimagine how they work and live. We explore new ways to interact with computers, and to use computers to interact with each other, to experience the world, and to be more productive, engaged, fulfilled. As a technology researcher within Accenture, you’ll have the opportunity to apply innovative research across a wide range of contexts and industries. We incubate tech-driven innovation for new practices and offerings for Accenture, from conceptualization through to prototype and pilots within both Accenture and our clients. Your role will thus allow you to see an idea from inception to experimentation, maturation, and commercial impact.
How we work
We collaborate very actively with partners in the academic, start-up and technology eco-systems. We develop provocative visions of how the world is going to change, and build cool, new systems to put our ideas to the test. We publish, we patent and we blog. We work across the many industries Accenture supports (healthcare, manufacturing, retail, travel and numerous others).
As a research scientist, you will lead the key activities throughout your projects:
- spotting the opportunities created by breakthrough technologies to transform business, the workforce or consumer experience;
- working closely with teammates and industry experts to design and implement an approach that demonstrates the potential of your idea;
- proving the real-world impact of your concepts through pilots with early adopter clients.
You are an expert in one or more areas relevant to Digital Experience, such as human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, collaboration, cognition. You love learning, exploring technology, solving problems, imagining new ways to do things. You think differently and communicate clearly. You can maximize the opportunities that working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and influential team offers you.
- Basic qualifications
- PhD in in scientific related field (preferred) or MS in computer science, engineering or a related scientific field with relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in HCI, VR/AR, 3D Design/Modeling/Printing, Robotics or similar field
- 2+ years of research experience
- 2+ years of experience programming and leading technical projects
- Ability to travel when project needs require it
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate, lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.