Responsible for performing advanced network and OTN maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure minimal system outages, and should have knowledge of advanced networking skills to assist in the fault resolution of LANs, WANs, ATM, and SONET networks. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Performs advanced network and OTN maintenance to include: System configuration and interconnects, forward and reverse combining network management, modulation and Forward Error Correction (FEC) techniques, A/D conversion techniques, encoders, MPEG compression, baseband fault isolation, down conversion and receiver theory, controllers, servers, and commercial insertion.
- Assists with annual budget process that is relative to the engineering department.
- Assists with the maintenance and configuration of network devices, hubs, switches and routers.
- Prepares LMC notifications, forms and outage tickets for work being performed in maintenance windows.
- Tests and maintains optical rings, add drop multiplexes and DC power systems.
- Installs and maintains all CDV, CMTS, and CRAN equipment located within the Network Engineering Department.
- Supports local installation and maintenance of facilities and transport systems.
- Understands customer devices such as required (CPE configuration, gateways/routers, VoIP and video communication units).
- Participates in operational meetings, conference calls and conferences.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Valid Through: 2019-11-12