Requisition ID: 11510
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Leads Human Resources team member relations team
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the site business units by proactively offering timely and effective solutions to needs and issues
- Streamlines, standardizes, and continuously improves HR policies, practices, and processes, and develops the HR organization to be more effective in managing human capital and in line with strategic direction of organization.
- Ensures the human capital processes and policies are effectively implemented in the business units, ensures they are consistently administered across the enterprise and provides client feedback to the process owners.
- Supports, facilitates and provides coaching to employees and management at all levels in addressing of issues and concerns. Promotes a positive environment that ensures fairness to all employees and accomplishes desired organizational results through the use of appropriate strategies, tactics and tools.
- Works with leadership to sustain a work culture that promotes transparency and employee engagement at all levels within the organization.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- In conjunction with other human resources groups, partners with business unit leadership on team member performance management, talent identification, GEDP and leadership assessments.
- Provides guidance and input to unit leadership on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Supports HR and business units in recruitment, training, compensation or benefit activities as needed
- Investigates issues and concerns
- Supports change management activities related to employment issues as needed
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilitiesrequired to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensures working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001:2015
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field, or combination of post-secondary education and related experience
- Professional certification is strongly preferred, but not required (e.g., SPHR, PHR, CP, SCP)
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience, with an emphasis on employee relations and business partnering
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience in a plant environment, interacting directly with manufacturing floor employees
- Experience translating knowledge of FMLA, NLRB, FLSA, ADA, etc., into effective decisions when dealing with employees at all levels of the organization
- Generalist knowledge of staffing, payroll, benefits, learning and development and other HR competencies
- Specialized knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices in employment law
- Must be able to lead and influence at all levels of the organization including customers, employees, and senior leaders?
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications competencies
- Demonstrated success in building and delivering programs in a complex business
- Conducting studies and preparing sound recommendations using strong analytical skills and decision making
- Addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email AMNS.ApplicantTracking@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.