We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Manager of the Client Service Team will oversee Client Service Managers (CSMs) who are the primary relationship contacts for all daily retirement trust and custody administration. A strong understanding of the retirement market and the ability to coordinate multiple parties to supporting clients is paramount to our success. Relationship building plays an important role in the organization to ensure that Schwab Bank remains the preferred choice for new trust and custody business.
The role includes management of all aspects of qualified and non-qualified plan trust administration, resolution of escalated client issues, collaborating withinternal departments to create operational efficiencies.
What you’ll do:
- The manager will work closely with Conversions, Relationship Managers and Operational teams to ensure client satisfaction and create operational efficiencies
- In this role, you will establish annual objectives for Client Service Managers and coach/guide employees to achieve those objective
- Engaging employees by effectively sharing thought leadership, regulatory updates, survey results, and preparing employees to have proactive, consultative conversations with clients is critical to the team’s success.
- Develop and improve process flows to enhance client servicing as well as build metrics to measure client activity
- Build relationships with clients and internal partners
- Respond to escalated client issues and complaints and work with RBS operations to resolve issues and develop process improvements
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Expert in multiple retirement plan service offers such as benefit plans providing trust/custody or recordkeeping services, non-qualified plans, defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Understanding of rules governing qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and presentation skills to influence and build consensus among your team members
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to drive change to improve service
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently on multiple assignments and complete them within established deadlines.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life