What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Our research and advice is considered definitive, thought-provoking, event-driven and transformational by thousands of leading organizations worldwide. We have more than 2,000 research and advisory experts intently focused on every conceivable aspect of business and information technology. Because of our breadth, depth and geographic coverage, we have considerably more to offer to investors, business and technology decision-makers.
Gartner Research & Advisory is growing its global Center of Excellence for new research talent with teams in Arlington, Virginia, Fort Myers, Florida and Gurgaon, India. Each team co-locates new emerging talent to begin a fantastic career path opportunity with Gartner. As the team leader in this Center of Excellence, the ideal candidate will be experienced with recruiting talent and coaching team managers and new associates.
What you will be doing:
Lead a team of researchers in the Arlington Research Center of Excellence including motivating, developing and coaching individuals across the entire team. The team consists of researchers as a direct line of responsibility, and who have a dotted line reporting relationship with aligned content teams.
- Direct and oversee researchers' workload within and across broad topic areas to ensure a balanced workload that meets client expectations and Research & Advisory's growth objectives.
- Partner closely with dotted-line stakeholders across service and content team leaders to ensure alignment and consistency across work portfolio.
- Manage execution, drive high performance culture and oversee and manage remuneration.
- Rapidly advance the researchers’ competencies and capabilities so that they are on-track to transition into aligned content teams within 1 to 2 years.
- Collaborate with Research VPs and/or Directors to ensure researchers have a detailed research agenda within an assigned topic area.
- Contribute to Research & Advisory’s long-term strategic objectives by providing input on growth opportunities within broad topic area.
- Drive, direct and ensure on-time and high-quality fulfillment of each relevant research product.
- Maintain and drive the quality of all research output.
- Direct collaborative research inside the team and across other teams and business units.
- Promote and manage a team focused on strategic product ideas and represent global Research, such as in group product strategy meetings.
- Direct and assign resources to effectively respond to requests for Client Engagement Days to be carried out by team members.
- Contribute to achievement of Research strategic objectives by leading a team handling integrative/complex inquiries, presentations and published research.
- Ensure team follows Gartner policies, processes and procedures.
- 6 plus years’ business experience, preferably in a knowledge-based, people-intensive industry.
- 3 plus years’ experience directly managing individual contributors, or proven track record in coaching and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Recognized expertise and solid knowledge in research industry to lead relevant research coverage and grow business in topic area
- Experience in academic or applied research, including experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Polished skills in communication, leadership, planning, motivation, and coaching.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Demonstrates high level of influence, negotiation & facilitation skills.
- Collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- High intercultural awareness.
Job Requisition ID:29810