This job manages activities of various IT personnel in support of the Enterprise Solutions Application Portfolio. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.), develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. The incumbent oversees the daily operations. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment.
- Provide subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level staff.
- Train, develop, and mentor staff.
- Assign, monitor, and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Provide technical leadership in first-line resolution of complex technical problems.
- Provide Staff Management oversight.
- Hire, promote, separate or make recommendations regarding same.
- Conduct performance reviews and assess/manage performance.
- Engage in skills assessments and promote professional development of staff.
- Assign tasks, schedule work and establish priorities.
- Adhere to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities.
- Oversee process for recording hours.
- Schedule work and assignments to maximize appropriate use of resources.
- Optimize the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows.
- Provide deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff. Visualize, articulate, and solve moderately complex problems/issues.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Connect strategy to employee’s job responsibility.
- Participate, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise.
- Actively participate in project teams.
- Manage and track project details.
- Promote continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area. Ensure compliance with corporate standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.).
- Provide leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 6 years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (in addition to other requiredexperience)
- 7 - 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- 7 - 10 years of experience specific to the Enterprise Solutions Application Portfolio (e.g., PeopleSoft, Workday, Salesforce, KRONOS, Hyperion, Oracle Cloud, SAP, etc.)
- 1 - 2 years’ experience leading projects/groups
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Required (Certification in applicable areas such as)
- JAVA Developer
- Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
- Project Management - PMP
- Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- C, C++
- Visual Basic
- IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases
- Data Warehousing
- Business Objects
A Team Manager must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of reporting software
- Proficient knowledge of end-user personal computing skills
- Proficient PC skills and knowledge on files and folders.
- Proficient analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage employees and interact appropriately with senior management, internal clients, and external customers
- Ability to adapt to change, multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, lead others, work on a regular and timely basis and work irregular hours, holidays and weekends.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?