The Team Manager is responsible for all production activities of plate heat exchangers, decanters, and welded heat exchangers. The Team Manager will lead the production with regards to safety, quality, delivery on time, and efficiency. This individual will be accountable for personnel issues, environmental, as well as health and safety initiatives.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
- Responsible for all time reporting for production personnel, and insure that attendance records are accurately reported.
- Perform annual performance reviews of production personnel and handle corrective action / performance issues as they arise.
- Ensure that detailed scheduling process is followed.
- Communicate daily and weekly activities with the team leaders and team members.
- Ensure that attendance records are accurately reported.
- Responsible to ensure that equipment and manpower are utilized efficiently, and recommend overtime when needed.
- Assist in hiring and interviewing in cooperation with Service Center Manager and Human Resources.
- Leads production continuous improvement and development in accordance with the Alfa Laval Production System (ALPS). Examples include 5S, Problem resolution process (PRP), and Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM).
- Ensure production personnel have appropriate training.
- Control of quality, deviations and line stops together with support functions and team leaders
- Maintain a strong personal commitment to the safety culture, participate in safety meetings, and drive safety initiatives
- Perform safety and environmental audits.
- Perform 5S and Standard Operating Procedure audits.
- Lead EHS responsibility, partnering with corporate EHS function to ensure alignment of objectives.
- When needed support team leaders and team members with problem solving.
- Observe all company policies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience with lean manufacturing preferred.
- Certification in Lean manufacturing, industrial engineering, welding, or pressure vessel code preferred.
- 5 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
- Working knowledge and experience with health, safety, and environmental programs
- Working knowledge of MRP based manufacturing systems
- Ability to work both independently (self-directed) and with others as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate and manage teams across multiple shifts.
- Able to confidently interact with a variety of internal customers and teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all personnel issues