Team Manager, Accounts Payable
5 - 7 years experience •
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this role is a supervisory position within Accounts Payable. The Team Manager will be an individual who has proven experience with enhanced technical knowledge and leadership skills. The objective of the Team Manager is to supervise a team to ensure AP processes are performed timely, accurately, and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Payables team.
- Provide metrics reports and analysis to Manager. Use Analytical abilities and independent thinking to identify problems and remediate solutions. Resolve higher level supplier account issues.
- Work closely with team members and peers to ensure open communication and consistency of workflow. Monitor workflow to ensure daily production requirements are being met. Being able to multitask.
- Actively participate with AP Manager in improving department processes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and feedback to team members to improve the handling of employee and supplier transactions, escalations, special handling, interpersonal relationships, or other situations in order to provide timely and high quality customer support in response to AP questions from both internal and external sources.
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and open to driving change in the AP department.
- Meeting deadlines, volume of work, variety of work & systems, High paced environment, change, supervising various personalities within AP, at times dealing with difficult suppliers, dealing with complex issues, various system issues, working on more than one project at a time.
- Specialized college degree or equivalent work experience, usually developed through 5+ years of experience in AP team lead role