Newport Group has a great opportunity for a Team Leader/Manager within our Qualified Client Services team out of our Charlotte, NC office. S/he will provide full service retirement plan recordkeeping and client service support within the established quality standards. In addition, this position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Client Services Team.
- Manage the work-flow activities of client services staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction and budgetary guidelines.
- Oversees and coordinates schedule phone time to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times the call center is open.
- Facilitate communication and provide technical guidance to staff.
- Train, develop and review the work of new staff members.
- Resolve escalated client service issues and demonstrate proactive solution-based approach to enhance client relations.
- Manages team member issues, absences and special requests.
- Makes procedural change requests or clarifications and then implements in the department.
- Responsible for quality control and timely delivery of client work.
- Participate in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Remain current on regulations and new pension laws.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Manages staff member’s performance and productivity
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to workload, effectively manages time off requests
- Conducts monthly meetings with staff members and HR
- Identifies areas of opportunity for staff members and provide training/feedback on an ongoing basis
- Conducts effective team meetings
- Attends routine meetings with LOB leader
- Communicates expectations effectively with staff members
- Works closely with Human Resources with on recruiting, counseling of employees, and recommendations for termination of employment
- Facilitates all aspects of the Performance Management cycle including conducting annual reviews and establishing meaningful and relevant performance objectives.
- 5-7 years of related experience in qualified retirement plan environment, or related field.
- 3-5 years of related Supervisor or Manager Experience in a qualified plan environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to train and assess the work of others.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and solid prioritization skills.
- Excellent client services and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, financial, time management and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be focused and driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SRT, DST system a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Successful completion of ASPPA or NIPA examinations/credentials a plus
Newport Group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).