The Network Services Backbone team is responsible for researching, deploying and maintaining the Edward Jones highly resilient and scalable Wide Area Network. The team is responsible for all circuits, private and Internet, as well as all infrastructures required providing connectivity. This team works closely with Security and Business Solutions Development. We're seeking an exceptionally talented person to innovate and collaborate with our team to generate creative ideas that will continue taking Backbone team to the next level.
What You'll do….
- Plan, direct and manage the activities of a team of associates responsible for providing engineering and operational support of the Edward Jones Wide Area Network.
- Drive innovation, automation and strategic direction for the Backbone team.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships within and across teams, business areas and vendors
- Align team activities and responsibilities with firm's strategic direction
- Identify, develop and implement continuous process improvement
- Ensure prudent use of the firm's financial resources
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to associates
- Develop successors to key positions within the team
- Additional responsibilities will include planning, designing, implementing, and documenting approved solutions according to the needs of the firm
What You'll need…
- Bachelor's degree (Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Telecommunications, etc.) or equivalent work experience in Information Systems
- Cloud network connectivity experience a plus
- Minimum of five years' experience in telecommunications and networking technologies. This includes at least 3-years in a leadership role
- Functional knowledge of systems, process and technologies used to support a large enterprise
- Able to appropriately react to availability issues with commensurate urgency
- Must be able to effectively communicate to business, vendors, associates and across multiple levels of leadership
- Effectively manage escalations within area of responsibility and working in concert with related support and project teams
- Able to look at business opportunities and provide solutions in line with firm's strategic objectives
- Provide direction and leadership; creates strong team environment and builds talent; able to lead and influence others directly and indirectly
- Process oriented; skilled in establishing and executing plans; able to establish metrics and monitor progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships; seen as credible and trustworthy
- Manages and develops self while internalizing leadership feedback
- Series 7 license is required within 12 months of hire