Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and strategic planning. Business Intelligence and Analytics utilize advanced data manipulation techniques and tools in their expertise of sourcing and transforming of data that provide actionable insights.
- Manage a team of analysts that work with all divisions of the firm to conduct and deliver accurate analysis to all levels of the firm to make critical business decisions in the US and Canada.
- Maintain an analytic process that has credibility at all levels of the firm which requires strong understanding of quality control, standard procedures, statistical methods, and strong communication skills.
- Identify, extract, interpret and integrate statistical analysis of client data to support business decisions regarding firm initiatives.
- Work with various business leaders at all levels of the firm and financial advisors to understand business questions or problems and recommend an appropriate analytical approach to assist with decision-making process.
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized subject matter expertise including data providers, marketing leaders, product leaders, financial advisors, and technology professionals.
- Support direct marketing efforts in terms of targeting, analysis and measurements, data file preparation and system functionality. Includes direct mail, statement inserts, newsletters and statement messages.
- Query data warehouse to access appropriate information using advanced SQL skills to create complex queries that are written efficiently to pull data from many tables with various structures.
- Summarize and communicate analytical results and recommendations to wide range of audiences at all levels of the firm with various levels of specialized subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with internal data providers and outside vendors to enhance data availability and usability within the data warehouse. Includes creating requirements, test plans and data validation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the various product types offered through Edward Jones and how each fits within an individual investor's needs.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in the areas of finance, business or information systems. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 3+ years general business experience in marketing, finance, data analytics, or information systems fields strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead team of analysts, prioritize multiple analytic projects from all areas of the firm.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and knowledge of statistical processes required
- An understanding of relational database architectures and data elements. Experience with Oracle SQL proficiency required.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Technical proficiency in the following:
- An understanding of relational database architectures and data elements
- Writing queries in Oracle SQL (Microsoft Access and Hyperion preferred but not required)
- Proficiency with MS Excel required, including ability to utilize pivot tables, formulas, charting, VLookups. VBA skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex data in an understandable and concise format, appropriate for end-user audience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects along with recurring responsibilities. Project management skills helpful with ability to formulate, define and execute tasks towards completion of project objectives and timeline.
- Working knowledge of financial products and services strongly preferred.