Clark Dietz, Inc. is an employee owned, multidiscipline consulting engineering firm with offices in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Wisconsin. We are a recognized leader in transportation, civil, environmental, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering. Our depth of talent across disciplines allows our staff the opportunity to collaborate and serve our clients with innovative, sustainable solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a senior construction project manager to join our Oakbrook Terrace, IL office as Team Leader for Construction Services. This position manages the construction team, oversees projects and develops proposals for transportation related projects serving the IL Tollway, IDOT, counties and municipalities.
- Provides leadership and project management for the N. IL construction team and associated portfolio of projects.
- Leads efforts on pursuit and teaming for IDOT and Tollway bulletins.
- Oversees or prepares project approach, schedule and budget. Ensures that appropriate resources are assigned to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Leads or assists with scope and fee negotiations and any subsequent contract amendments.
- Ensures QC/QA processes are implemented and followed for all construction projects.
- Actively supports the development of assigned staff and works to sustain and grow the team’s technical capabilities.
- Assists the Area Manager with billing, monitoring project performance, workload forecasting, staff utilization and other administrative tasks.
- Collaborates on project pursuits with BD staff and develops relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Accountable for project performance and project deliverables.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and IL PE license are required.
- 15+ years of experience with the construction of roadway and bridge improvements in IL; 5+ years of people leadership.
- Ability to review transportation and bridge improvement plans for constructability.
- Strong knowledge of all IDOT and IL Tollway materials and documentation procedures is required; current IDOT documentation certificate is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (especially Word and Excel) for reporting is required.
- Experience with e-Builder, Primavera, ICORS, Fieldsys, MISTIC, and I-MIRS is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage people and projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop client relationships, market new business, make public presentations and write technical reports.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to client and project sites as needed.