BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Team Leader, Commercial Lending is primarily responsible for managing commercial loan portfolios comprised of small industry groupings or limited geographical regions. The position can be held by one or more individuals in the same role within the department and coordinates the lending activities of their particular team of commercial loan officers. Makes and services a variety of large and often complex loans to customers within defined market. This includes making and servicing a wide variety of business and individual loans, both secured and unsecured, the majority of which involve large amounts of money and/or important customers. Functions as a financial advisor regarding the full array of bank products and services that will meet client needs. The position may also include handling of the individual’s own portfolio, in conjunction with leading a team of commercial loan officers. Markets both credit and non-credit products.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the commercial banking business development program and officer call schedule as it pertains to the assigned team or unit, in addition to carrying out the duties required of their own loanportfolio.
- Assists Team members with complex account relationships, and guides less-experienced members of the team in matters relating to credit policy and complex financial arrangements; approves credit beyond the lending limits of teams members and prior to approval by Manager; serves as a resource to team loan officers in the areas of marketing, new business development, and loan analysis and servicing.
- Directs and supervises work of area personnel on their specific team; determines work priorities and coordinates work assignments as directed by the Manager; interviews and recommends candidates as appropriate; evaluates, orients, counsels and trains subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions; supervises and develops staff of line account managers, Credit Specialists/Underwriters and Administrative Assistants on their assigned Team to ensure effective maintenance and development of existing account relationships and solicitation of new business.
- Calls on major commercial accounts to develop new relationships with prospective clients, and retains existing business; promotes the bank's services and introduces customers to other departments when a service can be rendered.
- Provides input to Manager regarding negotiation of loan proposals. Analyzes and evaluates credit requests and writes loan commitments; recommends appropriate credit grade; makes oral presentation to loan committee and helps to provide back-up support to team members with loan committee presentations; implements approval or declination action.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit underwriting and complex accounting issues
- Advanced knowledge of loan documentation (including legal aspects of loan transactions), policy and regulations
- Strong working knowledge of commercial banking products and market factors in order to serve customers and help guide team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver persuasive oral and written reports and presentations; ability to communicate with senior level management, regulators, and executive officers
- Leadership ability and team building skills
- Demonstrated capacity to sell within the financial services industry with advanced negotiating skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance and 7+ years of commercial lending experience orequivalent workexperience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Req ID: 49674