Responsibilities: Leadership and Direction:
- Works closely with the Department Leader and Branch Manager to direct and manage an engineering team in the office.
- Supervise and be responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and management of an engineering team.
- Responsible for management of daily plan production of team, schedule, budget, quality control/assurance, collections, and generating new opportunities.
Execution and Operational Input:
- Be able to execute through administration, technical and management techniques on multiple projects to ensure the successful completion, on time and within budget.
- Effectively execute project contracts and develop internal staff capabilities and technical skills.
- Assist in developing processes and provide input on achieving company and office operational excellence while growing their region and office.
Do the Work:
- Responsible for client interaction, including preparation of new contract proposals, change orders, and attendance at project meetings.
- Lead and manage current project teams from bid until completion, while looking to obtain future business and performing own project duties.
- Mentor and direct junior staff, coordinate with project managers, and responsible for goal setting and performance management of engineering team, as well as ultimate design oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of ten (10) years engineering or related land development experience to include a minimum of three (3) years project managementexperience
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Must have demonstrated technical experience with a wide range of civil projects and experience serving clients.
- Experienced with processing land development projects in relevant counties/municipalities.
- Thorough understanding of municipal codes and regulations.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop an engineering and project management team.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D design software.