Team Lead | Senior Telecommunications Engineer
As a Team Lead, Senior Telecommunications Engineer, you will design, support, install and maintain clinical communications infrastructure, related technologies and equipment. You will provide direction and recommendations regarding communication system configurations and installations while configuring and upgrading system components and coordinating system changes and communicate those changes with impacted stakeholders. This includes providing technical support for all paging system, nurse call, wireless communication, and related systems. You will provide liaison to client telecommunications and networking teams, and provide consulting to regional affiliate enterprises. In addition, you will perform project work to update or replace nurse call and communications systems as well as troubleshoot complex connectivity issues, and will be responsible for working on and maintaining hardware components as needed, including firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches and access points. You will also work with client telecommunications resources to resolve complex Unified Communications connectivity issues. As a member of this team, you will mentor and support associates in daily tasks and troubleshooting, as well as work with other organizations where appropriate to assist in the resolution of communications system-related problems.
Your people management responsibilities will include managing routine associate situations while directing the work efforts and results of a team of associates and developing team goals while managing them for results. You will also be responsible for developing associates through coaching performance, completing performance reviews, goal setting, and development planning. Finally, you will promote diversity and create a respectful work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of telecommunications engineering work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of network protocol work experience across local area networks, wide area networks, or wireless networks
- CTNS, RCDD or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of work experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and/or Genesys contact center solutions
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Willing to travel up to 5% as needed
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Columbia, MO area