Anaqua is seeking a highly motivated Senior Upgrade Support Engineer who is eager to help us build our Support Upgrade Organization. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right person to learn and grow with us. This will be the ground floor of a new team at Anaqua, allowing you flexibility to build out, explore and experiment with the goal of improving our upgrade processes. You should be a team player with strong communication skills, experience in and commitment to providing customer support, collaborating with other teams and strong technical skills in the Microsoft platform including SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET, and C#.
You should be able to troubleshoot issues, identify workarounds and solutions, as well as handle several tasks at a time. The position includes, but is not limited to, managing upgrade program for all Anaqua clients, internal team leadership and mentoring for our growing support upgrade team, SQL scripting and development work as needed, troubleshooting remotely and possibly onsite at client locations, and providing clients with directions and assistance for their upgrade-related issues. This position is located in either of our US offices (Boston, or Salt Lake City).
- Key role in the Support organization, managing Anaqua client software versioning
- Manage upgrade program for all Anaqua clients (300+)
- Help in developing upgrade program process, responsibilities, checklists, and develop metrics and checks to ensure process adherence
- Program Management oversight of two team members running multiple upgrade projects simultaneously
- Interact with clients via (email, phone, web conference, or in person) to plan, schedule and execute upgrades and upgrade related activities.
- Diagnose and resolve product or environment-related issues (SQL Server 2019, IIS 7 and 8, ASP.NET, C#, WCF, SQL Server Reporting Services) as well as major third-party products and toolsets
- Work closely with the Client Directors, Hosting, and Anaqua Services, to ensure clear responsibilities of each upgrade
- Maintain new version features, and manage roll out to clients
- Actively manage and improve the upgrade process
- Position may require some “on-call” availability
- 5 or more years of experience in a technical support and/or client management role
- Relevant experience managing complex projects and performing development work
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 include SQL script development
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, C# or other object-oriented programming language
- Additional desired technical experience:
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple complex tasks
- Independently motivated learn new technologies, exploring problems and providing clients with innovative solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field