Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world?s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we?ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We?ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you?re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we?d love to talk.
We are an engineering-team-driven organization. We empower our software engineers not just to build great products, but also to have a real say in ?how? and ?why? the products are being built. We practice continuous integration, test-driven development, peer code reviews, pair programming, and collaborative design studios. You will be on the cutting edge of current software development best practices and in the position to assist in the introduction of new ones.
At Ladders, the Team Lead Software Engineer has not only the technical chops to roll up his or her sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also the experience and skills needed to manage a team of engineers. The Team Lead contributes to product strategy, manages project goals, and develops an amazing team.
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java, Scala, and other great languages/frameworks (RabbitMQ, Storm, ElasticSearch, Riak, React, Backbone.js, NoSQL databases).
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
- Mentor otherdevelopers.
- Contribute to strategy, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as the leader of a Scrum team.
- Build something incredible!
Responsibilities of the Team Lead Software Engineer:
- Lead a team of software engineers (Frontend, Backend and Full Stack) in an Agile and AWS environment
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
Basic Qualification of the Team Lead Software Engineer:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience (Hacker School).
- 7+ years professional experience in software development.
- 3years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Hands on programming capabilities Java or Scala.
Preferred Qualifications of the Team Lead Software Engineer:
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Experience shipping successful products
- Strong full stack skills (Java, Backbone.js, CSS, and etc); you will be able to discuss in depth both the design and your significant contributions to one or more projects.
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational/no-sql databases.