Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- The primary purpose of this role is to lead the design of creative software and hardware solutions that can quickly get to market to remain competitive with if not exceeding our competitors. The key function of this role is to lead the creation, testing and development of these solutions in an extremely speedy manner. Once the solutions are devised, the role must work with IT to implement into full production.
- The role is a member of the Data Management and Sales Reporting Team within the Revenue Division.
What you'll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Leads communications directly with business units to understand their business problems.
- Leads the development of creative proof-of-concept solutions that can be easily articulated to the IT organization for production.
- Leads the development of Sales data solutions, reporting and analytics data models using SQL, R, Tableau, PowerBI and Anaplan.
- Maintains reliability of solutions by developing and implementing standards and/or process for database maintenance, documentation and configuration.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of documentation related to the company’s software solution and database environment.
- Utilizes various programming languages to perform statistical research and analysis and visualize the results.
- Leads the development of forecasting models and new predictive analytics to identify trends and build strategic reporting to display those results.
- Leads ad-hoc analysis and other program administration as required
All you'll need for success
- Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- MIS or MBA/MS with focus on business technology
- Anaplan Model 1 Builder certification
- 3 years experience in a Technical role
- 1 year experience in a Leadership position
- Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Anaplan Level 2 Model Builder certification
- Master Anaplanner certification
What you'll get