This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
The Lead IT Clinical Applications addresses the implementation, support, and maintenance of relevant Epic modules in collaboration with the other peers. The Lead enables the users to fully maximize systems capabilities to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment and operational efficiency. The Lead is responsible for overseeing assigned systems and functions supporting the Epic system. The position has an in-depth understanding of the integration among various Epic modules and integration with non-Epic systems. In conjunction with the other Managers and Leads, the Lead participates in evaluating and development of the staff and provides guidance.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Act as a leader and consensus builder for broad, multidisciplinary groups including the clinical community, other hospital departments, and IT analysts as appropriate, clearly communicating and translating information and concepts between and across the different groups and driving outcomes.
- Assess user needs through regular onsite visits to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities to take advantage of existing tools and workflows.
- Assign and prioritize tasks and projects and coach and mentor with individual team members to build skills.
- Manage delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for the relevant modules in the Epic EMR system.
- Manage delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for a variety of other clinical systems including but not limited to Nurse Call, TransChart, Point and Click, Pyxis (CareFusion), Midas+ (Xerox), TraumaOne, etc.
- Develop and publish relevant performance metrics on an agreed upon frequency with the manager.
- Assist manager with setting performance objectives and providing regular feedback to team members and manager.
- Manage team members' adherence of standard processes, maintenance of quality and performance to service levels and schedule.
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and Leads to coordinate project schedules, budgets, work request management, resource planning, work authorization and manage knowledge transfer.
- Develop solution designs and communicates with Analysts for implementation of enhancements to the systems and workflows.
- Develop testing, and security plans to meet defined business requirements.
- Identify and assess work flow requirements to meet operational needs.
- Identify system issues and other unique issues, escalate and resolve as appropriate – be responsible for Problem Management activities for the team.
- Identify system optimization and enhancement opportunities and collaborate with vendors and other IT analysts in order to design and implement effective solutions.
- Identify trends and detect/anticipate problems early and act as the highest level of support while mentoring and training junior staff members.
- Participate in and frequently facilitate/organize team and cross-team meetings, and maintain appropriate meeting records.
- Be appropriately trained and advocate the use of Process Excellence methodologies approved within SHC such as Lean.
- Research issues and use independent analysis and judgment to produce solution options (including alternative solutions when necessary to address system limitations) to complex and/or controversial matters, including pros, cons, risks, benefits, costs, and unintended consequences.
- Review system configuration and design options in order to make appropriate recommendations for system maintenance requests.
- Ensure smooth turnover of projects both at the initiation as well as the conclusion to Operations, Support Service, and Clients.
- Assist manager in developing a 24/7 on-call support schedule.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications; including 24/7 on call coverage as required.
- Accountable for work of direct reports. Start and/or complete the hiring process, interview applicants, and recommend hire, promotion or transfer. Additional responsibilities include signature authority, for actions and decisions impacting the status, and tenure of direct reports, planning and evaluating performance, issuing corrective actions, resolving informal grievances and initiating disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Pharmacy or a directly-related program from an accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Healthcare background, experience and performance that promotes a high level of credibility with clinical professionals.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude. Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented. Very strong customer orientation.
- Ability to analyze highly complex systems and workflows.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, organize, coordinate, and manage the work of a major program.
- Ability to engage actively in complex discussions, often on challenging and/or controversial subjects.
- Ability to influence and negotiate on behalf of others to achieve best outcomes for the department and the organization as a whole.
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately.
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in health care and clinical operations in a health care system.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve highly complex technology problems.
- Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline.
- Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner.
- Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.