Are you looking to join a growing company and grow your career? If so, our Team Lead, Inside Sales position may be a great option. We are seeking someone who would like to grow their career in sales. This position can be homebased from multiple locations. Apply today!
- Works closely with Senior/Executive Directors of Sales and/or Vice President of Sales on client selection strategy, Inside Sales Manager (ISM) assignment, and account development plans.
- Manages, trains and provides leadership (coaching, mentoring, guiding, challenging, problem solving etc) to assigned ISMs.
- Hires and develops diverse talent for open positions.
- Assigns accounts, territories and forecasts individual territory sales goals.
- Delivers lead generation and awards goals.
- Partners with Marketing colleagues on lead generation and awareness campaigns.
- Partners with Fiels Sales Leaders to heighten client communication and maintain efficient processes between Inside Sales and Field Sales.
- Stays current and coaches team on Social Selling, Social listening and partners with eMarketing / Marketing Demand Management in leveraging latest methods of client contact and engagement.
- Assists sales team in developing internal and external relationships and identifying new market opportunities.
- Manages team performance and feedback providing guidance on development opportunities and action plans.
- Monitors and controls team operating expenses.
- Leads scheduled networking events and team meetings.
- Functions as an advisor to Inside Sales Managers, troubleshooting and resolving internal and external issues.
- Facilitates strong internal relationships and communication with operational colleagues.
- Identifies and executes process improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes SFDC to manage team pipeline, forecast and analyze key sales metrics.
- Develops ISM coaching/action plans as needed.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence and competitive information with sales team, Sales Directors and marketing.
- Assists with annual sales meeting planning.
- Provides sales reports/updates to Senior Management.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field; advanced degree preferred
- Stong experience managing people and teams
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Ability to manage and motivate sales staff
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- 7+ years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- 5+ years managing people and teams
Job Number 2019-29898