Vecna Robotics seeks a leader with industry experience to oversee the Fleet Software Team. Reporting to the Director of Software, this role is responsible for leading the team that develops software to optimally orchestrate the fleet of robots at a site. The Fleet Software team develops the system's fleet management software. This includes work allocation, traffic management, payload modeling, end-user workflow definition, and monitoring and support tools for this logic. This team works closely with the other software teams as their logic sits in the middle of the system architecture.
This role will oversee the team, manage performance KPIs, and ensures that the team achieves their sprint goals. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator with strong leadership skills.
This position is a full-time, salaried role with benefits.
In this role you will:
- Define the team processes, roles and necessary skills.
- Manage team planning and workload based on Company’s priorities.
- Commit to excellence: Manage deadlines, execute to established goals, and maintain high-quality delivery.
- Identify, mitigate, and escalate risks, as necessary and appropriate.
- Collaborate with the program management team to ensure software is released according to. product development targets.
- Ensure quality of deliverables in a timely manner with a control of induced cost.
- Manage team performance using KPIs.
- Supervise the team and hire additional team members
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience in software development or software management; Masters a plus.
- Robust knowledge of standard engineering process, including phase gate and design reviews.
- The right attitude, including but not limited to the following qualities: collaborative, thoughtful, team-oriented, honest, level-headed, strategic, driven, perseverant, inquisitive, and creative. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in rapid growth and transformative environments.