The Team Lead Field Services is responsible for effectively managing operations and delivering a high level of customer service to a specific facility or multiple facilities within a geographic region. The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that each facility runs smoothly and meets all budget goals. Reporting to the Director, Field Services, this role is responsible for leading a team of Healthcare Representatives to ensure the highest level of customer service possible to assigned accounts. This role works collaboratively with local leadership at the customer sites and with other leadership across Change Healthcare.
Customer Facing Activities 35%
Team Leadership 30%
• Leads a team of Healthcare Representatives responsible for assisting patients in obtaining the maximum benefit coverage available to them through state and federal programs.
• Responsible for ensuring the quality and quantity of claims taken and ensures that claims are submitted timely. Ensures that claim status is documented appropriately in the system.
• Responsible for reporting and metrics for assigned territory, including WIP, HOLDS, EW, Accepted Referrals, PCSR. Provides recommendations based on reporting.
• Ensures the appropriate coverage is available at all hospitals within assigned region
• Fosters ongoing communications with government agencies regarding the status of claims
• Manages all customer relationships in accordance with Change Healthcare policy and federal/state regulations.
Customer Facing Activities
• Manages the client relationship for assigned facilities
• Travels to assigned facilities on a regular basis and meets with customers to discuss the account
• Function as the primary point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
• Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Forecast and track key account metrics
• Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
• Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
• Fosters teamwork by actively encouraging team members to work together and by setting the right example
• Proactively manages change by demonstrating the ability to support innovation and organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness
• Manages team performance setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
• Communicates effectively and ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
• Develops others by demonstrating the ability to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities. Ensures that all staff receives the training necessary to be successful.
• Works with the team members on development planning and provides growth opportunities within Change Healthcare as appropriate
• When staffing needs arise, partners closely with Talent Acquisition to interview and hire the best talent.
• Builds collaborative relationships by developing, maintaining, and strengthening partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
Requirements MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or relevant field
• 5+ years (including at least 1 year of leadership responsibility and two years of experience with enrollment and eligibility
• People management experience preferred
• Minimum of two years of experience as a Healthcare Representative preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Strong communication skills with a wide variety of audiences
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to demonstrate decisiveness and judgment in a wide range of situations
• Basic mathematical knowledge and understanding of budgets
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong follow up and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team
• Thorough knowledge of SSA/SSI disability, as well as other federal financial assistance programs and state and local government programs