The eRecord reporting Team Lead is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm.
Primary goals of the position are to manage:
- eRecord reporting service requests (triage and performance monitoring of daily request intake)
- eRecord reporting project requests (triage and performance monitoring of bi-weekly request intake)
- eRecord reporting end user adoption
- eRecord reporting role-based access/security, as it relates to the Thompson Health eRecord reporting roll-out
- Staff supporting eRecord reporting end user training, as it relates to the Thompson Health eRecord reporting roll-out
- Staff supporting eRecord reporting end user security, as it relates to the Thompson Health eRecord reporting roll-out
Position works with clinical, revenue cycle and financial reporting stakeholders, peer ISD Team Leads, ISO Business Intelligence Developers (Bl Os), ISO Cogito Business Analysts (CBAs) and ISO Application Reporting Leads (ARLs), to clarify and translate analytic needs of reporting consumers, including: content and specification design, scope, prioritization, identification of appropriate reporting solutions, assignment and management of report and dashboard build assignments across Bl Ds, CBAs and ARLs.
Position works under the direction of ISD eRecord reporting Project Director and in collaboration with Analytics and Data Advisory Committee (ADAC) workgroups, eRecord training team, eRecord integrated security team and eRecord application teams.
Conforms to established guidelines, standards, and conventions for request tracking and status, report specification design, dashboard design and documentation. Position requires successfully achieving and maintaining Epic certifications in Cogito Fundamentals, Cogito Tools Administration and Cogito Project Manager.
Collaborate and Manage Reporting Intake Processes
- Work across teams to meet end user data needs through governing standards and processes
- Work with peer team leads, project managers and reporting tool administrators to assign and monitor reporting and analytic service requests and analytic project requests
- Work with team leads, project managers, application team members and business intelligence developers to identify appropriate solutions and resources for a variety of end user reporting needs
- Work with reporting subject matter experts and application team members to identify, document and translate needs of analytics consumers
Facilitate eRecord Reporting Adoption
- Maintain an internal analytics catalog for end users
- Identify subject matter experts and reporting power users to attend analytics focus group sessions
- Establish report scope and prioritization based on defined processes
- Translate end user workflow-based metrics, reports and dashboards
- Work with reporting principle trainer to manage staff developing advanced curriculum for power users
Create and Manage Role-Based eRecord Reporting Access / Security (Pilot)
- Develop and implement role-based reporting security/access strategy for Thompson Health:
- Reporting Workbench Reports
- Radar Dashboards
- Crystal Reports
- Manage staff responsible for role-based reporting security implementation and updates
Evaluate Request Process and Resource Use
- Ensure all report requests are logged daily according to standard process expectations
- Ensure all reporting projects are logged bi-weekly according to standard process expectations
- Monitor request performance weekly (team and individual}
- Evaluate throughput and resource assignment monthly (team and individual)
- Work with Peer Team Leads to:
- Ensure appropriate technical quality assurance processes are completed for new report builds
- Ensure report and dashboard testing is completed according to standard processes
- Perform end user acceptance testing and sign off processes
- Track resource time for scoping, build, QA and testing
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Analytics, Business, Information, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with business operations
- Familiarity with end user workflows
- Experience with Epic reporting tools
- Experience with Epic Foundation System reports and related application(s)
- Experience working in healthcare sector
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Leads meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Experience with enterprise data governance programs and infrastructure
- Project management knowledge.