What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Ideal candidate will have construction lending experience. Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned product category of residential constructionloans or commercial loans. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank’s products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region’s credit portfolio quality and processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex relationships including direct lending and agented syndicated facilities. May act in as a team leader for other Relationship Managers by providing guidance and work flow support. May have oversight for budget and P & L. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family in addition to providing direction for strategies for soliciting and growing the portfolio. It is typically responsible for the largest and highly complex relationships as applicable to the line of business.
Essential Job Functions
1. May exercise human resource responsibility for personnel managed including hiring, termination, performance review, salary recommendation, training, coaching and personnel issues. Act as a lead position with Relationship Managers joint calling, guiding business development activities and providing guidance on credit structuring and portfolio maintenance.
2. Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank’s products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understands current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
3. Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Cash Management, Syndication, and the Capital Market Group.
4. Obtains financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintains individual credit files for all existing customers. Conducts analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
5. Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Prepares quarterly loanreports on existing portfolio.
7. Represents the Bank as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, civil and community groups. Ensures compliance with the Bank's CRA program.
8. Works closely with underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals ensuring that all relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter
9. Works with loan administration in the review and negotiation of loan documents. Ensures a high standard of credit quality through the processes of credit approval and portfolio maintenance, controlling loan quality, delinquency percentages and loan losses.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
RequiredEducation or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business or Finance
- Years of functional/professional experience: Ten or more years of directly related experience
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: Some supervisory/managerial experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
- High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles
- Active understanding and ongoing use of Touchpoint and other enterprise level systems.