The Team Assistant will be a key member of the global team that brings a new drug in the rare disease space to the market and will have the opportunity to make a broad impact across a growing commercial organization. This role will be responsible for completing a broad variety of administrative tasks and contribute to the management of various projects the global team is executing. Being well organized, consistently structured, and dependable are a must. This role will report to the Head of Asset & Commercial Strategy for a new drug in the rare disease market space.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Performing administrative functions and project management
- Organizing and schedule meetings / workshops, including coordinating office space, equipment needs, catering, and logistics as needed
- Maintaining calendars, including proactively resolving schedule conflicts
- proactively identifying, troubleshooting and escalating risks and issues
- Travel (transportation, accommodations) coordination
- Tracking, developing, and submitting expense reports
- Supporting onboard and offboard of team members / employees
- Tracking, monitoring, and reallocating budget
- Processing contracts, as well as review and approve invoices
- Ordering office supplies (department and individual); operating office equipment such as printers, copiers, etc.
- Acting as a liaison, develop strong communications for multiple stakeholders including the Mission, different regions, and external partners
- Creating internal and external newsletters, emails, etc.; be familiar with processes associated with external communication (SOPs & UCB Style guide)
- Preparing meeting agendas; develop meeting minutes and follow up on agreed actions
- Maintaining team’s organizational charts and email distribution lists.
- Working with sensitive and confidential information requiring the use of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and discretion
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of relevant administrative experience in the pharmaceutical and or biotechnical environment.
- Experience supporting a minimum of 5 employees
- Working with international, multi-cultural colleagues
- A proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to provide quality work (attention to detail and accuracy) within agreed timelines
- Ability to work independently
- Successfully operate in a matrix environment Well organized, dependable, and takes a structured approach
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and changing environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, WORD, and Adobe; proficiency with Online Travel and Expense Reporting systems
- Knowledge/understanding to operate office equipment proficiently (e.g. printer, copier, scanner, conferencing equipment, etc