Job Purpose & Responsibilities Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Global Application Technology (GApT, AT) supports the growth of SABIC Innovative Plastics by driving the application development process. AT develops and delivers design, polymer processing, secondary operations and part performance technology to support this growth. The Engineer/Scientist role as defined here will focus on the Automotive Industry and will support internal activities in the Polymer Processing Development Center (PPDC), and Wixom facility as well as external activities with Customers. The individual in this role is responsible for the development and translation of polymer processing technology required to support key programs. This role will support all sub segments within the Auto team including Structures, Trim and Glazing as needed.
1. Lead application development work packages utilizing processing technologies required for new customer applications and competency development.
2. Plans and executes innovative multi-disciplinary research projects within predefined deadlines
3. Translate new processing and testing technologies to customers and global counterparts.
4. Presents technical papers in regional or international conferences/meetings
5. Leads, develops, coaches and mentors team members
6. Owns a specific process or application within the Application Technology or T&I group
7. Provide training and consulting to customers and the field technical team on new technologies.
8. Work with SABIC project management system and provide documentation of conceptual and experimental work.
9. Direct technician staff and provide input into performance feedback and coaching
10. Initiate new ideas and utilize intellectual property process to capture value of technical development.
Requirements • Bachelor, Masters or PhD degree in Engineering or Materials Science.
• Solid understanding of plastics processing/test methods and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to successful application development.
• Strong hands-on ability, preferably with polymer processing methods such as extrusion, compression molding, injection molding and/or thermoforming.
• Demonstrated problem solving capability through the use of experimental design and statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated Program management skills
• Good business acumen and global strategic mindset
• 10 + years’ experience in above areas.
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 13-15 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
External Hires and Non T&I SABIC employees will be placed on the SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States