Job ID #: 16932
Candidate will serve as a senior tax resource for the Firm’s U.S. regulated funds’ business. The PIMCO U.S. regulated fund business includes more than 150 different fund products across a range of open-end, closed-end, ETF and variable annuity funds.
The candidate will be responsible for providing tax expertise in the following areas:
- Product design and development
- Fund qualification issues
- Tax aspects of fund documents (prospectus, SAI, shareholder reports)
- Shareholder matters (QDI, FTC, DRD, flow-through to foreign investors)
- Financial instruments and transactions as it relates to fundinvestments; including:
- fixed income and equity securities,
- derivatives, including foreign currency derivatives,
- structured finance (asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities, grantor trusts, REMICs, CMOs, CDOs, CLOs, and other credit derivatives),
- PFICs, and
- distressed debt instruments
- Alternative investments (commodities, CPI-linked instruments, real estate loans)
Candidate will manage key tax processes including fund distributions, fiscal year-end tax provisions and calendar year excise tax calculations prepared by a third-party service provider. Candidate will also manage all tax matters related to financial statement audits
Candidate will consult with other PIMCO departments on technical tax matters related to product development, product implementation, product distribution, regulatory compliance and ongoing operations. Candidate will be involved in researching relevant tax regulations, rulings, and procedures and applying interpretations to a variety of financial transactions, trading strategies and fund structuring. Candidate may also provide support on international tax issues.
Qualified candidate will be a CPA (preferred) with a minimum of 10 years of experience with a Big Four accounting firm or possess equivalent industry work experience. Candidate must have specific experienceworking with U.S. mutual funds regulated under the1940 Act and Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code. Must be able to learn and apply new skills, communicate effectively with all levels of management and have superior organizational skills. Familiarity with federal securities law is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.