The Tax Supervisor or Manager will be responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete and timely preparation and review of tax returns for our diverse client base. This individual will be responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. The Tax Supervisor or Manager should be comfortable with tax compliance on individual, corporate and partnership returns.
- Provide detail review and analysis of individual, corporate and partnership tax returns.
- Prepare more complex tax returns.
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Work closely with Tax Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed.
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance and other documents.
- Develop, motivate and train staff.
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting required; MST preferred.
- CPA, JD, LLM or EA certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressive tax experience in public accounting.
- Strong accounting, tax and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience as a team leader: supervising and training teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Performing, documenting, summarizing and reviewing research conclusions regarding specific tax issues