BerganKDV has provided innovative yet practical solutions for small to mid-size companies since 1945. From our beginning as a trusted CPA firm we have expanded and adapted to offer business planning and consulting, tax, audit and accounting, wealth management, and technology services throughout the upper Midwest. At BerganKDV, we believe our role as advisors is to build relationships with our clients, take an active interest in their unique situations, and provide expertise and resources to help them achieve their goals. Bringing value to our clients is what we do best and seeing them succeed is our ultimate goal.
Are you a motivated professional interested in working for a growing company? If so, BerganKDV has the perfect opportunity for you!
BerganKDV has an opening for a Tax Supervisor in our Cedar Rapids office. The Tax Supervisor will be a key role within the Tax Department.
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Supervise both staff and senior accountants, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress, offer guidance and direction.
- Coordinate the various phases of an engagement, including staff requirements, job planning and scheduling, with the manager or partner.
- Assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
- Make sure all work assigned is completed on a timely basis within predetermined budgets.
- Contribute to staff performance reviews.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of work performed to clients, partners, managers and staff accountants.
- Build in-depth knowledge of key client industries. Look for opportunities. Join industry organizations and develop a targeted potential client pool.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients and the firm business.
- Enhance existing client relationships and actively seek to develop new relationships with potential clients and referral sources that would be beneficial to the firm.
- Attain committee leadership position in organizations. Build the firm’s name recognition.
- Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by partners.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings, as well as periodic committee meetings as assigned.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- CPA certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting tax
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and Microsoft Office
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Construction industry experiencepreferred