Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Tax Supervisors to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Portland office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional, with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Identifying tax planning for clients.
- Prepare complex returns with minimal supervision and minimal errors.
- Review moderately complex returns prepared by others, identifying issues, errors, omissions and planning opportunities.
- Successful completes research on highly complex tax matters, demonstrating thorough knowledge of the problems, issues and best solutions in the circumstances.
- Provide tax advisory services to the clients.
- Communicate engagement needs to the client.
- Recognizes extended services opportunities.
- Keep current on professional announcements.
- Proactively participates in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program.
- Present on a technical topic(s) for level training.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Creative positive impression with client by exhibiting professional competency and ability.
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills.
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred.
- Solid organization skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- 4+ years taxexperience in public accounting.
- Bachelors or Mastersdegree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- Masters in Taxation is a plus.
- CPA certification or completion of the CPA exam within a yearpreferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.