For over 90 years Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Grossberg Company LLP has a well-known reputation of unparalleled client satisfaction. At the heart of this success, are professional staff members who possess the skills and training required to survive in the ever-changing world of new tax laws and regulations, advanced technologies and strategic business.
Built on decades of hard work and timely responsiveness to clients, Grossberg Company LLP devotes a substantial amount of firm resources to training its people, keeping them apprised of the latest developments that may affect their client's business operations, tax planning strategies and their long-term business objectives. As a result, the employees of Grossberg Company LLP are some of the best and brightest in their field and the casual, laid-back working atmosphere lends itself to producing successful, satisfied professionals.
Grossberg Company LLP, a leader in their industry at utilizing various software applications and operates in a largely paperless environment, is seeking skilled Tax Supervisor to join its team in Bethesda, Maryland.
The tax professionals are integral members of our professional team, and the work performed is at the core of what we do for our clients. As a tax professional you have responsibility over providing tax planning and compliance services to high-net-worth individuals and closely held businesses. Tax professionals are exposed to auditing, accounting and tax work providing support to a variety of client engagements. Typical assignments will include
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance
- Review tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance
- Draft tax technical memorandums
- Perform tax structuring and modeling
Engagement / Client Management
- Serve as the engagement manager over time on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development, and billing and collections
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs
Personal and Professional Development
- Develop industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team
- Develop an area of specialty and become a technical resource in that area.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA is preferred
- Minimum 4years’ experience in a public accounting arena or real estate firm required; 5+ years’ experience in preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and audit software
- Must be detail oriented Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
Grossberg Company LLC offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.