We are seeking a Manager, Tax Strategy to join American Tower’s Corporate Tax department. The Global Tax Strategy team forecasts global cash taxes, analyzes and implements tax planning ideas, assists with mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), analyzes legislative changes and the impacts on the Company, assists with income tax audits, provides guidance on internal restructurings, and ensures the Company maintains its real estate investment trust (“REIT”) status. Day to day you will focus on tax planning which involves developing and implementing ideas that are aligned with the Company’s long-term global tax strategy. As a member of the Global Tax Strategy team you will partner cross-functionally to ensure an optimized tax structure.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Assist with annual global cash tax budgets and quarterly REIT taxable income forecasts.
- Assist with M&A by providing structuring considerations and relevant tax-related inputs.
- Develop and implement tax planning ideas in various jurisdictions.
- Assist with responses to inquiries about tax audits from tax authorities.
- Assist with quarterly REIT testing.
- Prepare Forms SS-4, 8832, 8875, 8937, and W-8.
- Research tax issues using BNA Tax Management Portfolios.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Taxation preferred.
- Minimum 4 years tax experience in either a large public accounting or corporate environment required.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with OneSource tax compliance software, online research tools, and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.