Provide support resulting in timely resolution of U.S. and Canadian income, franchise, capital, sales, excise, and property and tax audits. Assist on various tax compliance, tax planning and transfer pricing projects.
- Assimilate and analyze data related to external tax audit requirements.
- Implement process to improve methodology of data gathering.
- Manage external tax auditor relations.
- Maintain/develop a schedule that tracks the status and issues of each audit.
- Work with various groups to implement any changes resulting from completed audits.
- Assist in audit negotiations.
- Assist with tax exposure calculations for both planning and audit.
- Research U.S. federal, state & local tax laws & provide tax savings recommendations.
- Assist with tax compliance and provision work as needed.
- Special tax panning/transfer pricing projects as assigned.
Years of Related Work Experience
- MBA or MST preferred; CPA preferred
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Resource management
Specialized Skills - Required
- Knowledge of U.S. federal & state income tax, sales and use, and property tax laws.
- Strong accounting background.
- Experience with government tax audits.
Specialized Skills - Desired
- Public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Canadian federal & provincial income & commodity tax laws
- Knowledge of cross border transfer pricing rules
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Some overtime required