The Tax Process and Technology Solutions Architect is a field-facing technology role that partners closely with the business to foster deep understanding of RSM’s Tax business goals, specific business problems and opportunities and design comprehensive Tax Specialty Application solutions. Uses a strong background in technology (e.g., architecture, infrastructure, SDLC) to bridge the solution visions between Tax and IT. Identifies solution strategies aligned with both the business vision and RSM’s technology standards, leveraging from existing solutions where possible and minimizing costs and risks to the firm. Identifies business constraints and design considerations that would impact the ability to deliver a timely/efficient solution and facilitate ease of adoption, maintenance and expansion / leverage to meet similar business needs.
Translates business requirements into end-to-end solution designs (including tax processes, tax content and a recommendation of how to best use available technologies to deliver that tax functionality). Works closely with both Tax and IT (especially the functional lead, BAs, IT development lead and architects). Ensures proper solution implementation based on approved design and adherence to functional guidelines.
- Translate RSM business requirements related to complex business processes into tax specialty application solution designs. Consult with IT development/architecture team members to ensure alignment between IT perspective and Tax perspective of the technologies needed. Participate in the acceptance and deployment of the end-to-end solution.
- Evaluate available technologies for potential applicability to specific tax needs and have an understanding of the Tax functional guardrails and IT technology guardrails that provide guidance on solution/platform constraints. Advocate on behalf of the business in Tax/IT project decisions about the selection/development of solution technology components.
- Create and maintain Tax solution design documentation and provides input on Taxtechnology roadmaps.
- Understand and articulate typical architecture considerations and options to Tax leadership to facilitate strategic planning for current and future solutions. Potentially participate in joint Tax/IT technology planning sessions to help articulate that strategic vision and facilitate mutual Tax/IT understanding.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in the following Business solution architecture
- Proven solution design skills
- Business writing and solution documentation
- Degree in computer science, information systems or a business degree with IT emphasis
- Process design/standardization skills
- Data modeling skills
- Microsoft Office Excel workpaper design skills
- Cloud solution architecture
- Experience with financial, accounting or tax solutions.
Job ID req2388_Davenport