The opportunity We currently have an opportunity for you to join our Insurance Tax practice as a Senior Manager. Working with dedicated professionals in the insurance industry, you will be involved in dynamic tax compliance projects to develop your tax technical knowledge.
Your key responsibilities As a Senior Manager, you will juggle multiple tasks in a high performing environment. You will oversee financial statement audits as well as review tax returns. You will also be responsible for relationship management. Relationship management includes: building lasting professional relations with key employees of clients; managing the staffing and economics of engagements; and analyzing engagement results to continue to provide exceptional client service to our Insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Critical thinking
- Eager to build professional network
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
- Drive to see new business opportunities at the clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of Tax experience
- CPA or licensed Attorney
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101
- Income tax support for audits and income tax experience for Insurance companies as well as C Corporations
- At least 5 - 6 years of experience in preparing 1120, 1120 PC, 1120 L and consolidated group returns; experience reviewing these returns is a must
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Direct experience in state and local taxation (e.g., state return compliance, state income tax accounting, state apportionment fundamentals)
- SEC experience
- Proven experience in managing teams and client relationships
What we look for
- Leadership – conducts him or herself in a manner that inspires, and educates Patience & Organization – in high performing environment, delays beyond our control occur. It’s important to have the ability to put tasks to the side to allow for the dust to settle and move on to other tasks.
- Passion & Drive – Being in management in public accounting is not a spectator sport. It requires constant movement and reinvention.