Tax Services Area Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
Newins Insurance Agency Holdings is seeking an experienced and motivated tax professional to manage tax preparation services in select Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance offices in the Chicagoland area. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of tax service operations, including hiring, training and scheduling of tax preparers. The Tax Service Manager will also be accountable for the financial performance of this segment. Outside of tax season, the Tax Service Manager will be an integral member of the operations team and assist in marketing, operations and budgeting initiatives.
- Manage tax preparation services in 5 offices in the Chicagoland area
- Manage seasonal tax preparers, to include recruiting, staffing and scheduling
- Act as coach and subject matter expert; help answer tax-related questions from customers and staff
- Administer tax preparation software
- Review tax preparations for accuracy and completeness
- Manage marketing initiatives for tax and insurance services
- Reconcile service revenues against system reports
- Work with management team to identifying new trade areas and markets for expansion
- Handle other operational and account tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Skills
- College degree in business, accounting or similar discipline. Will consider work experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-5years of experience preparing individual tax returns.
- Active Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
- General accounting knowledge.
- Experiencewithtax preparation software (TaxWise, Drake, TaxSlayer, ProConnect, etc...).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Job Type: Full-time
- Individual Tax Prep: 1year
- Insurance Tax: 1year