As a Tax Senior Manager for RSM you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business Development):
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback
- Train and develop staff members
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Serving as Tax client service coordinator while developing and executing the firm’s client service plan
- Reviewing research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Build relationships across lines of business to ensure excellent client service through an integrated service approach
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- 8 or more years of public accounting experience or equivalent in law firms or industry.
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to generate new business and extend service opportunities