As a Tax Senior Manager for RSM you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business Development):
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback – approximately 10- 20% of your time
- Train and develop staff members
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice – approximately 30 - 40% of your time
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc. – approximately 20- 40% of your time
- Serving as Tax client service coordinator while developing and executing the firm’s client service plan
- Reviewing research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Build relationships across lines of business to ensure excellent client service through an integrated service approach
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in taxlaw
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
**All percentages may vary based on location, line of business, and client need**
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- 8 or more years of public accounting experience or equivalent in law firms or industry.
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business.
- Experience with one or more of the following: S-Corps, C-Corps, or Partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to generate new business and extend service opportunities
- Experience preparing or reviewing accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740’s
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.