We are seeking a Tax Senior Manager for our Real Estate group located in Phoenix, Arizona. We serve a broad array of real estate owners, developers and investors including: public and private companies, homebuilders, real estate opportunity funds, hotel companies, private equity firms, REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), and brokerage companies. Our people work on key client issues in domestic federal taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives.
As a Tax Senior Manager you will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with the partners. Our real estate practice/expertise includes all aspects of the real estate ownership "life cycle" from acquisition due diligence to disposition and related federal and multi-state income tax compliance and implications for its owners.
- Review and supervision of the preparation of primarily Form 1065 as well as Forms 1040, 1120, 1120S, and 1120 - REIT. Partnership tax returns include complex partner allocations and other tax concepts specific to real estate companies.
- Assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, including tax due diligence, tax structuring and purchase accounting issues.
- Ability to analyze the impact of transactions on client's investors, including issues associated with tax - exempt investors
- Ability to manager within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high- level of client satisfaction.
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback – approximately 10- 20% of your time
- Train and develop staff members
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Serving as Tax client service coordinator while developing and executing the firm’s client service plan
- Reviewing research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Build relationships across lines of business to ensure excellent client service through an integrated service approach
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
**All percentages may vary based on location, line of business, and client need**
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- 8 or more years of public accounting experience or equivalent in law firms or industry.
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business.
- Experience with one or more of the following: S-Corps, C-Corps, or Partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to generate new business and extend service opportunities
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus