EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provisionof audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity as a Manager in our Private Client Services (PCS) practice. Our PCS subject matter specialists provide advice to high net worth business owners and individuals on domestic and cross-border tax planning, estate, wealth transfer and post mortem planning, asset protection strategies and philanthropic planning. Our PCS team works closely with our family office services practice acting as the tax advisor to family offices.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and entrepreneurially motivated individual who wishes to grow a long term career in advising high net worth business owners and individuals.
This team member will be responsible for recommending and implementing tax strategies that align with the client's objectives, corresponding with legal counsel and tax authorities on client issues, assisting with reorganizations, researching compliance and planning issues and reviewing personal, corporate and trust tax returns.
- Identify planning opportunities and prepare correspondence describing the income tax implications of implementing transactions
- Research client issues that arise from planning or compliance work using a variety of on-line sources
- Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
- Liaise with the client’s legal counsel
- Review personal, trust and corporate tax returns
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Correspond with audit managers, staff and/or clients in answering clients’ specific personal, trust or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
- Prepare tax election forms
- Assist and manage the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding position that offers an excellent opportunity for career advancement, candidates must have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- 7 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Possess a Canadian CPA or CA designation, or a reciprocal CA designation recognized with the CICA
- Completed the In-Depth Tax Course (or equivalent)
- Ability to lead small, medium and large sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients and internal team members
- The successful candidate must lead by example and have proven leadership and people management skills
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player