Tax Senior Manager, Non Profit
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Non-profit Tax Senior Manager is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex non-profit tax issues.
In this role, the Non-profit Tax Senior Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax disclosure, exemption and unrelated business income issues, and recognizing, communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies. In addition, the Non-profit Tax Senior Manager will be critical member of the office / National Non-profit Tax team and actively participate in the marketing and networking within an area of expertise and specialization while maintaining client relationships and acting as the primary contact for complex questions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of prior experience
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA certification preferred
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Experience with tax preparation software
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice