Why Moss Adams? Moss Adams brings more West to business. At Moss Adams, we’re excited bythe greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. With more than 2,600 professionals across 20-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide theworld’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Tax Services’ teams deliver quality tax solutions to public and privately owned middle-market companies, not-for-profit organizations and high net worth individuals.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Serve as a firm technical resource for your area of specialization (e.g., partnerships, S Corps, tax controversy or another specialty area), including:
- Consult with tax partners and senior managers on complex technical matters
- Develop and implement planning strategies
- Instruct at internal firm training conferences
- Draft articles for internal and external audiences
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to provide effective project management and practice development, delivering timely and responsive services and products that meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Assist in driving tax practice growth initiatives across tax technical disciplines, including:
- Collaborate with tax specialty leaders to identify tax service opportunities and coordinate development of related resources, including service delivery tools, marketing and training materials, and team collaboration websites
- Identify, coordinate development, and review articles on new tax developments aimed atclients and prospects and/or internal firm professionals
- Assist in firm tax practice management, including:
- Monitor, update, and implement firm tax practice policies, including professional standards applicable to tax service providers, engagement agreements, and other risk management areas
- Consult with practice office professionals regarding risk management issues
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Taxation and/or JD with LLM in Tax preferred
- Minimum 8 years of tax experience; preferably gained within a public accounting firm
- CPA, bar membership or equivalent credential required
- Well-rounded tax professional with diverse technical experience, but who also has specialized in a technical area
- Possesses ability to analyze complex business transactions and evaluate the tax consequences
- Experience supervising and training staff
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and strong organizational techniques
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
- Able to attain visibility and recognition firm-wide within your specialization
Here, you’ll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That’s why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.