Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Tax Senior Managers to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Providence office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional, with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements in all facets of taxation.
- Perform initial review of complex tax returns for high net-worth individual, corporate and partnership / LLC clients.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing expectations, meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies.
- Work closely with Partners, Senior Managers and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews.
- Attend professional development and continuing education sessions on a regular basis.
- 7+ years taxexperiencerequired in a mid to large CPA firm setting.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a major in accounting required.
- Masters in Taxation degree a plus.
- CPA Certification required.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.