RSM is looking for an International Tax (ITAX) Senior Manager to join our expanding International Tax Group due to growth throughout the region.The Senior Manager will help move us forward from a technical and staff mentorship perspective.
RSM's International Tax practice consists of professionals nationwide with broad experience in international tax compliance and structuring matters. It provides outbound and inbound structure planning, foreign tax credit, world-wide tax minimization planning, transfer pricing analysis, ASC 740, foreign assignment planning and general international business advice.
- Be a driving force in the growth and expansion of International Tax services throughout the region
- Manage and drive the success of multiple I-TAX engagements
- Keep lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate problems as they arise
- Develop an understanding of client needs and become a "functional expert" in the area
- Keep abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- 10 plus years of experience providing federal corporate and international tax consulting services in a public accounting or tax consulting firm
- Strong US tax foundation with experience with Subchapter C, Subchapter S, Subchapter K including reorganizations and entity selection
- Strong compliance background required and initiation and participation in planning including foreign tax credits, participation in acquisition or disposition of internationally active businesses, export sales tax incentive and experience working with US tax treaties
- Experience with manufacturing clients, ideally in the automotive industry
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships with mid-sized, growing businesses
- Experience selling professional services in a public accounting or tax consulting firm
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Excellent tax technology skills necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field
- CPA required
- LL.M. degree in Tax Law preferred