Key Responsibilities / Functions:
Tax Accounting / Provision – Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team to review and prepare quarterly provisions and deferred tax computations to ensure tax balances are calculated and reported accurately.
- Prepare tax provision, effective tax rate calculations, taxable income and deferred tax computations for complex transactions.
- Assist with development and testing of tax basis calculations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences and roll-forward accounting.
- Review deferred tax reports by category of temporary difference for accounting and regulatory capital purposes.
- Assist with the implementation, design, and revision of provision related processes and tools.
- Review tax payables and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and forecasting purposes.
- Liaise closely with global finance, tax compliance and reporting, legal, and accounting teams to understand and highlight potential tax technical issues with accounting positions, transactions and new products.
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement to tax reporting and compliance tools (eg, Longview, Sharepoint, and CorpTax).
- Develop and train staff on all aspects of a tax provision.
- Performance management of junior staff on areas of tax accounting responsibilities.
Tax Compliance - Secondary Responsibilities
- Supervise the preparation of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) prepared by the support team.
- Review complex entity corporate income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions).
- Review quarterly US estimated tax payment calculations.
- Liaise with the Tax Advisory team on, and supervise the preparation of, returns dealing with international transactions (eg, Forms 1120F and 5472).
- Perform research on tax technical issues (ex. combined/consolidated filing positions, reporting federal changes).
- Assist with federal and state audits / respond to correspondence and notices.
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar tax reporting role, preferably with a background in public accounting and/or larger federal consolidated groups
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Poised & relationship-oriented, works effectively in cross-functional & cross-border teams
- Longview, CorpTax, SAP ERP.