Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of financial, advisory, investment and funds management services operating in 27 countries. Macquarie is seeking a TaxReporting Manager to support its businesses in the Americas in relation to the preparation and/or review of federal and state & local income tax returns as well as the provisioning for the income tax liabilities within the Americas.
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
At Macquarie, the diversity of our workforce is fundamental to our success. It ensures our business remains innovative, sustainable and continues to meet the evolving needs of our people and our clients. Our business model reflects the high value placed on unique contributions and an understanding of the risks of unchallenged conformity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Macquarie is committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our people to reach their full potential. Macquarie offers a range of flexible work arrangements to help our people achieve work/life balance, while fulfilling our workresponsibilities and meeting the demands of our business. We are open to candidates looking for full-time or part-time positions.
Macquarie’s TaxReporting team in the Americas is responsible for the preparation of numerous US and other countries tax returns as well as state & local income tax returns, the posting and reconciliation of the tax accounting entries, and reporting and analysis of the Group’s effective tax rate in the region. This role involves working closely with various stakeholders in performing monthly, quarterly and annual tax accounting and compliance for Macquarie within the Americas region.
Tax Accounting / Provision
- Review month end provisions and deferred tax computations prepared by team to ensure tax balances are calculated and reported accurately.
- Prepare tax provision, effective tax rate calculations, taxable income and deferred tax computations for complex transactions.
- Assist with development and testing of tax basis calculations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences and roll-forward accounting.
- Review deferred taxreports by category of temporary difference for accounting and regulatory capital purposes.
- Review tax payables and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and FX hedging purposes.
- Liaise closely with Business Unit Finance, Legal Entity Controllers and Tax Advisory teams to understand and highlight potential tax technical issues with accounting positions, transactions and new products.
- Performance management of junior staff on areas of tax accounting responsibilities.
- Supervise the preparation of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) prepared by the support team.
- Prepare complex entity corporate income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions).
- Prepare quarterly US estimated tax payment calculations.
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement to tax compliance software (eg, Thomson Reuters Onesource or comparable software).
- Liaise with the Tax Advisory team on, and supervise the preparation of, returns dealing with international transactions (eg, Forms 1120F and 5472).
- Perform research on tax technical issues (ex. combined/consolidated filing positions, reporting federal changes).
- Assist with federal and state audits / respond to correspondence and notices.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- Minimum 5-7years’ experience in a similar taxreporting role, preferably with a background in financial services and/or larger federal consolidated groups
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Poised & relationship-oriented, works effectively in cross-functional & cross-border teams