**This position will be located in one of our four Texas locations. If you're considering a relocation lets discuss!**At CLA
we create inspired careers .
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career in the same way. That's why CLA exists to create opportunities
. We promise to know you and help you.
The Principal contributes at the highest level in their industry and excels at client advisory, service advocacy, relationship development, and leadership. They have 100% accountability for the client relationship, delivery of the CLA Promise and deliverables for all CLA's service capabilities. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Lead a team of tax and industry professionals to deliver tax compliance and consulting services, including mentoring the team to get to know and help their clients by developing a deep understanding of their businesses and delivering the firm's services to fully meet client's needs.
- Assume full responsibility for all services for clients in book of business.
- Review and sign engagement letters, discuss the nature and terms of assignments with clients and staff, and approve fees.
- Review and approve work papers and tax returns prepared by staff.
- Periodically review engagement progress to determine whether all phases of the engagement are being carried out properly.
- Review time budgets and deadlines, provide ongoing attention to client's management, and attend final client meetings.
- Communicate with managers and staff regarding engagement status, client problems, findings, and recommendations.
- Review and sign client deliverables.
- Keep current on tax law changes.
- Demonstrate leadership among staff and other principals.
- Actively develop new business and expand services to existing clients.
- Demonstrate commitment to the firm through a willingness to devote time to the practice.
- Cultivate an understanding of the firm's resources and when to involve other firm professionals.
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year, acquiring thorough knowledge of clients and all facets of their business to effectively attend to the client's needs and to expand services as applicable.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Taxation or related field and an advanced taxation degree
- Current CPA licensure required.
- 10+ years of public accounting experience serving in a tax role with a public accounting and/or professional services firm
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax law and preparation concepts.
- Significant demonstrated experience managing business and personal tax engagements with a deep understanding of partnership, S corporation, C corporation and complex personal tax concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, as well as develop and train staff through supervised practice.
- Possesses strong leadership, team building and mentoring capabilities
- Ability to think independently and be committed to change.
- Good business sense and conflict management capabilities with strong communication and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.